WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
When you visit the Website, we may automatically collect certain information from your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, or about cookies stored in your device. In addition, while you browse the Website, we may collect information about Website pages you have visited, websites or search keywords that led you to the Website, and other information about your interactions with the Website. This automatically collected information is called “Device Information.”
We use the following technology to collect Device Information:
“Cookies” are data files which are recorded in your device or computer and which generally provide a unique identifier. For more information about cookies and solutions for disabling them, please visit the following page: http://www.allaboutcookies.org. If you reject cookies, you may still use our Website, but your access to certain Website features may be limited.
“Log files” follow actions on the Website and collect data, including your IP address, the type of browser you use, your Internet service provider, referring/output pages, and a time stamp.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are all electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
Local storage, such as HTML5, records content and preference content. Different browsers provide their own management tools for removing HTML5.
In addition, to help you access certain features (e.g. the “Contact” form), we may ask you to share additional information, such as your name, country, and email address. This information is called “User Information.”
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
We may use User Information that we collect to communicate with you about a question or comment sent via the “Contact” form;
We may use Device Information that we collect to help us spot potential risks or abuses (including your IP address), and more generally, to improve and optimize our Website (for example, by generating reports on how our clients browse and interact with the Website to make sure that you receive information that may be of interest to you, and to assess the impact of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
AIM AND LEGAL GROUNDS OF PROCESSING COLLECTED DATA
We only collect and process Collected Data when we have legal grounds to do so, or when at least one of the following cases applies:
You have given your consent to process Collected Data, for one or more uses;
Processing Collected Information is required as part of our legitimate interests or those of our partners, provided that these interests are not superseded by your own interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms.
We determine legal grounds based on the purposes for which your personal data has been collected and processed.
HOW MAY I WITHDRAW MY CONSENT TO COOKIES?
If you have accepted cookies and wish to withdraw your consent, please follow the following link: https://www.babyzen.com/reset-consent
LIST OF PROCESSING OPERATIONS
Processing #1: Replying to inquiries
Aim: Replying to your inquiries. Collecting Information allows us to stay in contact with you. It helps us reply to your inquiries or questions.
Legal grounds: Required for execution and proper functioning of the contract
Processing #2: User experience customization
Aim: Customizing your user experience. We may use Collected Information to gain precise understanding about how you use the services and resources provided on our Website. This can help us optimize the Website’s presentation, to make the user experience as intuitive and direct as possible and to improve our products and services.
Legal grounds: You have given your consent to the processing of your Collected Data, for one or more uses.
Processing #3: Addressing claims and disputes
Aim: 1. We may use Collected Information to resolve disputes, address claims, and find solutions to technical problems.
2. We may also use them to protect our rights or assets, or the rights or assets of third parties, to execute our obligations, and to comply with applicable legislation and regulations.
Legal grounds: Our legitimate interest in protecting our rights and obligations and the rights and obligations of third parties.
3. Data is collected:
- Directly through requests to Customer Support (Channels: email, phone, website contact form // Data:)
- Indirectly, through the retailer (Channels: purchase invoice, After-Sales Service request for support, other requests, etc.)
- Indirectly through our repair centers, as part of out-of-warranty repair requests (Channels: phone, onsite, email // Data: last name, first name, phone number, email address)
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SHARED, AND WITH WHOM?
We may share your Personal Information with third parties for the aforementioned purposes.
We use Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to help us understand how our clients use the Website. To find out more about how Google processes your Personal Information, please visit the following page:
You may also use Google Analytics’ opt out option:
We may also share your Personal Information with authorized third parties within the framework of applicable legislation and regulations, including to respond to a subpoena, a search warrant, or any other request for legal information that we receive, or to protect our rights in other ways.
We do not sell, trade, or transfer any identifying Information in any other way to third parties.
When you send a request using our “Contact” form, your message is sent to a BABYZEN department or to a BABYZEN distributor, depending on the selected country. Consequently, and only as part of this procedure, your Personal Information (name, email address, and country) may be shared with BABYZEN distributors.
IS PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE THE EU OR THE EEA?
If necessary, your personal data may be transferred and/or processed outside the European Union. BABYZEN has taken all necessary steps to ensure that transfers occur exclusively within the framework set by legislation.
Your data may be transferred or consulted through the contact form, by email, or our CRM tool for processing the following requests: Customer Support requests, requests for miscellaneous information, etc.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTED?
We are putting into place reasonable organizational and technical measures to protect the Personal Information we hold about you against any loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, amendments, or destruction. Where practically possible, we use encryption, firewalls, and other security technology to prevent any unauthorized access to your Personal Information.
We follow generally accepted standards regarding the protection of Personal Data that is entrusted to us, both during its transmission, and after we have received it. Nonetheless, no online transmission method, or electronic storage method is 100% secure. We cannot therefore guarantee absolute security.
In the event of a data breach, we will inform you by email within 72 hours of BABYZEN becoming aware of this breach.
YOUR RIGHTS - HOW CAN YOU MANAGE PERSONAL DATA?
- Right of access: You have the right to access personal Information we hold about you, and may request that your Personal Information be rectified, changed, or deleted. Should you wish to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
- Right of rectification: You may request that one or several items of Personal Information be changed
- Right to erase data: You may request that one or several items of Personal Information be deleted
- Right to refuse: You may refuse, for legitimate reasons, to appear in a file, and may refuse, without justification, for your Personal Information to be used for commercial prospecting.
- Right to erase portability: You have a right to recover your Personal Information in order to reuse it for personal purposes.
Data provided or collected as part of consenting to and/or the execution of a contract.
- Right to the limitation of processing: You have a right to limitation which complements your other rights. Should you dispute the accuracy of your Personal Information, or be opposed to it being processed by our services, the law entitles us to carry out a verification or to examine your request within a specific period. During this period, you may request that your Personal Information be frozen. Practically speaking, this means that we will no longer be able to use your Personal Information, but must retain it.
You may also request limited processing of certain data, should you wish to delete it. This would enable you to retain this data, for example to exercise a right.
DO NOT TRACK FUNCTION
We may not be able to recognize or respond to a browser’s Do Not Track (DNT) header. There are currently no universal standards regarding the way in which companies must respond when a DNT header is detected. If a definitive standard is implemented, we will establish how to respond to these headers appropriately.
HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA STORED?
We will store your information for as long as we need it to supply our services. We will store and process your information as long as necessary as part of our legal obligations, to resolve a dispute and implement our agreements. This storage is deemed active.
Later, when we no longer need it, we may set about destroying or archiving it:
- Intermediary archiving: Your personal data is no longer used to achieve the set objective (“closed file”), but still holds administrative interest or must be kept to meet legal obligations. Your data may then be viewed on an ad hoc basis, justified by specifically authorized persons;
- Permanent archiving: Due to their “value” and interest, some information may be archived in the permanently.
Unlike active storage, the two last stages are not systematically implemented. Their need must be assessed for each processing, and for each of these phases, sorting must occur between the data.
HOW MAY WE CONTACT YOU REGARDING PRIVACY-RELATED QUESTIONS?
For more information on our privacy-related practices, if you have any questions, or if you would like to lodge a complaint, you may contact our Data Protection Officer, Stéphanie Maghini and her team:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by telephone: +(33)1 42 68 41 35
We will make every effort to answer your questions as soon as possible, and at most within one month following the day we receive a request. Should more time be required to answer, we will inform you of the reason and will give you an estimated response time. If you are unhappy with how your request is handled or with its conclusion, you may contact the competent control authority.
Last update : October 29th, 2020